Virtually all leaders report that their scarcest resource is time. Feeling overloaded and just too busy, leaders, mangers and staff alike are often working below their levels of maximum effectiveness.
A sense of “it’s all go around here” and words like “frantic” are now part of normal business terminology. There is plenty time once we learn how to accurately determine how we are supposed to allocate it.
- Understand how to clearly determine important priorities
- Focus not just on being busy, but on being productive
- Create time for productive activities
- Deal effectively with non-productive activities
- Find lots of ways to be more efficient and more effective