To grow the finest leaders to their full potential requires more than just managing them or holding them to accountabilities.
International research shows that good leaders do even better when they have a mentor. Mentoring is about one person helping another to achieve something that is of importance to them. It is about giving help and support in a non – threatening way that the mentee will appreciate and empower them to move forward with confidence towards what they want to achieve.
- Establish an organizational mentoring programme
- Create mentor-mentee relationships
- Maximize the use of internal and/or external mentors
- Establish a training programme for mentors
- Develop a monitoring system for the effectiveness of the programme