Organizations are made up of people, and as long as people are involved, there are going to be people issues. However, if the same people issue comes up over and over again, then it is time to reassess and develop the people management strategy.
- Use the 7-step process to analyze exactly what the people issue might be
- Use the 8-step process to take corrective action
- Understand the difference between difficult and toxic
- Take appropriate action according to whether they are difficult or toxic
- Coach difficult performers to engage in more constructive behaviour and performance