There are times when you are confronted with situations either internal or client-related, which have the potential to erupt into conflict. There are a number of core strategies when dealing with conflict. This starts from a fundamental understanding that conflict is not about the people, it’s about the issue.
Teaching staff to be able to keep that professional demarcation absolutely clear is the fundamental foundation from which conflict resolution strategies are built. Whether dealing with internal clients (colleagues) or with customers, the principles of conflict resolution are the same.
If staff can understand these principles, they can work through conflicts and often turn antagonists into powerful allies.
- Understand the 6-step process for dealing with upset clients
- Work confidently through the resolution process
- Be able to move through and past issues without taking it personally
- Know when to refer complaints for help
- Turn complainants into allies and future productive relationships